Thursday, March 13, 2008

Update: House for Sale Update

Well it didn't take long for that to fall through! lol! It is a bummer because the people are really nice and we were doing things for them that a typical seller would never do. I just have to remind myself what it was like to be a first time buyer. Luckily I had parents and people in my life to consult and ask about buying a home. I don't think our buyers had any of this. They had a pre-approval that dropped $60,000 when they went to their bank to arrange to purchase. I think most of us would read between the lines and wonder why the bank would in essence revoke the pre-approval they got only a few weeks ago. I tried to encourage him to shop around and not just hone in on his personal bank. The sad thing is, the mortgage for our house would be the same as what they currently pay for rent. I admire the quality of belief they show. It makes me feel like I am a skeptic because my nature is to question and prove things true. So when we borrowed for our first home (Colorado) we shopped our bank, credit union, and wholesale lender (which shopped lots of mortgage companies.) This was following the advice, to shop around, from the people who had been here done that before with buying a house. So it initially makes me want to tell our buyer what to do, b/c if I was in his shoes, I would be getting a second/third opinion. He just seems very upset, but willing to accept what his bank told him as the final answer. Oh well, we tried!


Praises: Thank you God, for the good and abundant counsel we have in our lives.

Secondly, I think the Wii arrives TODAY!

1 comment:

The Canada's said...

Bummer, on top of all that, the Wii did not arrive today.