Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Tuesday Randomness

Let's see, it is a very political day. Since we are so close to Ohio every other advertisement, especially on the radio, is either Barack or Hillary. Actually I would guess that Barack's adds outnumber Hillary's 2 to 1... Since the results will likely be blog-worthy (and blood pressure raising) I decided to just post some random "goings ons."

The roads were a solid sheet of ice this morning, glad we don't have anywhere to go. My daughter likes to eat Gidget's food. The taxes aren't doing themselves, they actually need my input (flat tax sounds better and better every year!) Lakyn also walked into the room and stole my heart. I heard her rummaging around and knew she would be carrying something back to "show" me. But when my baby girl came around the corner with a five mile smile carrying the roll of toilet paper, she IS Daddy's little girl. She even had some TP stuck to her lip! She attempted to go down the stairs for the first time. It was up two stairs then down one (no fear Daddy was watching the whole time, and she used a different technique each time she clumsily went in reverse.) Probably heading to Orlando tomorrow and hopefully catching up with an old friend and college roommate. This may delay another political rant for at least 1 day.

We have also had some people looking at our house. I think it will come down to us, not them, as to whether or not we sell them our house. Please pray for us about this.

Yesterday, as we took Lakyn to the doctor, Lindsey and I discussed reality TV. I am curious to the blog-ship's opinion, what reality TV show would you participate on if you could? Which show would you see me participating on?

I started off by telling Lindsey I wanted to apply for the next Survivor. A great show to shed a few pounds! She retorted very unhealthily and that it would all come back. I told her not this Survivor! She then said she didn't have any interest in appearing on a show, just liked to watch. I proposed that we go on Amazing Race as a family. Well that boat didn't even sail 2 feet down turd river before she blew that up. Instead we started going through friends and family that I could "Amazing Race" with.

We both agreed that I would never be on Big Brother... I just hate that show, while Lindsey keeps up with it. Back to the Amazing Race! While it could be fun, it also would carry a strong element of work for me. Lindsey and I paired me up with so many of you to discuss our potential team strengths and weaknesses. I think in the end it would probably be hard to find another person who could just drop what they are doing for an uncertain amount of time to travel the globe, do stunts, and eat nasty cuisine. So I don't know, go try to Survive or try to Race? Any takers?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garet and I have talked a lot about being on the amazing race - it is by far my favorite show and only fuels my love of travel. I just don't know if I could watch us get frustrated with each other (which I'm sure would happen under those stressful circumstances). If I had full editing priveliges, I would be sending in my application yesterday.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

We would kick your butts at the Amazing Race. We're amazing travelers who eat anything, use hand gestures to communicate effectively with the natives, and look amazing in bandanas. You're going down.

Anonymous said...

How about a whole new show? "The Amazing Survival Race". We pair up flying to remote locations doing crazy things like survivor man or man vs wild.