Thank you to my bride for bridging the blog gap while I was out flying. I got called out for 3 day trip that went for 5 days. Thank you weather in the Northeast US!
Day 1: Cleveland-Newark-Seattle
Day 2: Seattle- Houston- NYC (LaGuardia)
Day 3: NYC-Cleveland-Boston
Day 4: Boston-Houston-Atlanta
Day 5: Atlanta-Houston-Detroit
Anyway, I hate to get political again, but I HAVE TO DO IT! When stupidity flows, my stupidity has to respond. Also, I think I may have been wrong while being right in my previous political rant. (and NO, there is no hidden news about being pregnant at the bottom. Lol!)
Let me start with a quote about Barack running for president: “What we have learned over this year is that hope is making a comeback. It is making a comeback. And let me tell you something — for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country.” - Michelle Obama
If this does not make you want to spontaneously combust, I need to check your pulse. As a person who regularly exits this country, I can tell you I do not want her anywhere near the White House. This attitude in the highest office of the land. Scary! Almost as scary as Barack getting endorsed by Louis Farrakhan.
If McCain, or my presidential campaign, gets an endorsement from David Duke and it is not immediately thwarted and not accepted I can tell you what would/should happen. No one wants a person who would not denounce an endorsement of votes/support from the KKK or any racist organization like Farrakhans's to be President.. not this “blue eyed devil.” Barack just simply states that he did not seek Farrakhan’s endorsement (and this comes indirectly from a campaign staffer.) Also we learn more about the church that Obama hails from in Chicago that let Farrakhan share the pulpit, unapologetic about what the man stands for but insists he (Farrakhan) has been misunderstood, after giving him an award for "greatness."
My opinion as of late is changing… My feelings about McCain remain the same, and I think Huckabee is hanging around in case McCain implodes before the nomination, but my thoughts have changed regarding who the Republicans may want as an opponent.
Obama is a well polished idiot. He can keep riding the media wave, but he may just be his own undoing. The longer he keeps delivering his articulate speeches, the fecal filled words that are coming out of his mouth may be the best motivator for the Republican base, or any logical person who can listen to what he is saying without media censorship, to make sure he is not elected President.
He keeps playing the race card, and it is getting old. Yet he and his wife grew up in an America filled with personal prosperity, endless opportunity, and the finest things, but have had no reason to be proud of anything about America until now, and that only recently changed because we are considering having a half-black man as President of the United States of America?? Does this make you question their core? What is this (getting elected president) all about for Obama? What kind of slant view does he currently have of this country?
While my career has lots of different dynamics and aspects, there are some parts that just come along as part of the job. One of those “job" aspect is going through customs. I don’t like going through customs, but I am ALWAYS glad to be back HOME on American soil. Why? Because I have seen other countries, and I can be proud to say I am an American. There is not other country to be as blessed to be living in. We have minimum standards for everything. We work hard. We are the MOST COMPASSIONATE COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. We have safety, and a system that protects us. A government that is not interested in scamming from its people. Your hard work, when it intersects with preparation and opportunity, can equate to limitless success in whatever means of measurement you have for yourself. We can worship as we choose, live as we choose, Yet there has been nothing to be proud of…?
The emotion I feel when reentering the US has not been felt by the Obama’s in their adult life, at least not until a different SKIN color being considered for the highest office of the land changed that for them. No, she didn’t say she was proud of her husband, she said that she now could finally look at this country with something other than embarrassment (one of the words Websters provides for the opposite of “proud,” hate was also listed.)
Next post I will continue my political rant with some of Obama's "Plans for Change" and some of my "Plans for Change." I will also be giving you a sneak peek at a speech I could give to really excite America about me as President, sticking with what seems to be working best for Barack.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
funny, that's the phrase that stuck out to me, too --- amen to the soapbox, can't wait to read part 2
Well said...
While I am proud and lucky to be an American, I must say there are some Americans who are an embarrassment to this country and make me cringe on a daily basis (ie. the ones who are elitist, egotistical loudmouths who think the Earth revolves around our country). While many, many people are compassionate, there are so many who do not understand what life is like outside the walls of this country, nor do they care. Only Mrs. Obama knows the extent to which she meant her comment. I'm sure I get slack for my opinion, but you are family so why not stir the pot? Hugs to your girls...and just so you know, I didn't vote for Obama (but you'd probably kill me for who I did!)
Just to clarify, you are not the elitist, egotistical loudmouth to which I refer (I know you know that, but I want to clarify for those who might wonder). In case you forgot, I teach precious high school students who regergitate what their parents say without having a solid opinion of their own. I am praying to love these select few on a daily basis :)
I wouldn't kill you for voting for Ron Paul or Huckabee... why would you think that?
lol
and yes, I am becoming a loudmouth, even if you weren't intending the comment for me. (Which wouldn't offend me either.) I am scared for our country's future, period.
Also, I think the "elitist egotistical" part might make for a good blog post.
Especially as I sit here in downtown New Orleans.
The beauty of America is that we allow room for "egotistical loudmouths". You have the "right" to be stupid in America. That's one of many reasons that our country is the greatest. What frightens me is being told that I need government like a "nanny state" to help me get medical insurance and help me plan my retirement. Give the american people that credit that we deserve. The absolute last thing I want to do is turn over my income to a bunch of thinly veiled socialists. Aargh, the insanity. (cool, thanks. I try not to vent on my blog since I am a minister and aim to not get political. I try, but it is hard)
Post a Comment