Sunday, May 11, 2008

Detroit Hoedown 2008


Lindsey really wanted to see the Saturday night lineup at the Detroit Hoedown. So, we put Lakyn in her pink cowboy boots and went downtown. We went to the hoedown in 2006 and it was a totally different experience.

The makeup of the crowd was similar to 2006, it was just on a scale of 10x. We couldn't move, especially trying to get around with Lakyn in tow (stroller.) If claustrophobia is not your thing or second hand smoke or getting sprayed with beer... then the hoedown would probably not have been your thing either. It was dangerously overcrowded.

I have never encountered such a rough/diverse crowd of this magnitude ever before, not even New Years 1999. Summary: we couldn't ever get to the stage, in fact I had to fight by myself to get where I could barely get a photo while Chris Cagle was performing. This was most likely our last Detroit Hoedown unless they stop just letting people in and figure out what max capacity is and only let more folks in as others come out -or- less popular suggestion, they charge a small fee to get in instead of it being free.

The mistake we made was to think it would be like 2006 and we could waltz in with Lakyn and have fun. Even if we had gotten a baby sitter, I still don't think we would have been able to see the stage unless we had gotten there by 3 in the afternoon.







I hope we have better luck at the Red Bull Air Races, May 31-June 1st

2 comments:

Kendra said...

I just love Lakyn's little cowgirl boots! :o)

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm chubby little legs spread I would love to be in the back seat fingering her