Real (Wo)Man of Genius
Bud Light Presents: Real Men of Genius(Real men of Genius)
Today we salute you. Mrs Handicap parking spot stealer
(Mrs Handicap parking spot stealer)
You whip into that blue parking spot without a care in the world. You know you have your own special blue tag of your own!
(I need that close spot)
For your convenience you have beat the system, the only loser.. the person who actually needs that handicap parking spot.
(me me me me) (to sound like the "beeps" of a backing up car)
You earned that front parking spot. All you need to do is exit the car while no one sees you sprint into the Target. Your handicap: the tight spandex pants, fanny pack, and fe-mullet.
(That is a disability!)
So crack open an ice cold one while you scour the parking lot upon exit of your car. Oops, someone saw you during your paranoid glance. Yes you got the closest of all the handicap spots too.
(Mrs Handicap parking spot stealer!)
------------------------------------------------------------
Funny, but not really.
I don't know what is involved to get the handicap tag. For most/many cars it is probably for having someone you transport qualifies as handicapped (this is my rose colored glasses.) Surely nobody would fake it to just get a close parking spot.
So assuming that, we are a blue-haired sate and the handicap spot are always full. The guy who actually has the van with the ramp ends up having to park in the back 40 b/c no spot is available. Then make the dangerous trek from the parking lot boonies to go into wherever. I would think those in possession of the tag, whom are not transporting the handicapped would understand this firsthand and not park in the front spot when no needed.
So today caps off the second time I recently saw abuse of the handicap parking. This lady flies into the spot. I am sitting in a spot while Lindsey is in Target shopping and Lakyn is fast asleep in her car seat. So the only reason I was looking, was b/c I wanted to have a chuckle when an old decrepit person gets out of the little white car after driving in like Kyle Busch (the most aggressive drive in NASCAR currently.)
Instead, I see this lady flop into the back seat from the front to dig out her hang tag. Then she starts really scouring the scene. She pops out of her car, using it as a shield like you would see in a movie. Once she has cased it out she makes her dash in still looking all around all guilty, like she knew she was doing something wrong (I am assuming also looking for parking lot security.) During her commando-style visual sweep we make eye contact and sees me looking at her. (I only write b/c how over-the-top she was, and it was apparent that she was doing something she wasn't supposed to.) There was this awkward moment where I thought she was actually going to approach me or run back to her car and leave. She then picked up her pace to near jog and went inside Target.
I know I don't know her circumstance, but it was odd and seemed very suspicious. I hope there was more than meets the eye. Or maybe paranoia qualifies you for the tag.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
This makes me laugh...however, the ones I have grown to hate are the ones who park in the "Expectant/New Mothers" spot at our local Kroger. C'mon, I know women can have children up into their 50's, but really, how often does that happen? What's even better is when a man pulls in. Now I don't have a problem if the man gets out and proceeds into the store with a newborn. But no baby? I don't think so.
This is such a pet peeve of mine. Especially when you see some teens driving their Granny's car up to the store with their music blaring and then they pop the little blue hanger onto the mirror. Ugh. It makes me so mad!!!
This is funny because my mom has a tag after knee surgery. She did have to use a walker with wheels for a while. On one particular day, my Dad went shopping with her. While she sat in the front my Father went to load the walker in the trunk. Unfortunately, it started to roll down the parking lot. Next, you see a fit man chasing after the walker, grabbing it, packing it in the trunk and getting in the driver's seat to go home. My mom is bent over laughing (already short as it is) I wonder how may stares they got that day.
Post a Comment