Monday, May 05, 2008

Tulip time festival in Holland, Michigan



Jen and I (same due dates)

So happy one minute and so upset the next (definately nap time)

Ellie (perfect picture!)

Dutch dancing and Lakyn smelling the flowers

We have been wanting to drive over to Holland, Michigan for their tulip festival since we moved to Michigan but have never been able to make it. We didn't think we were going to be able to go with thunderstorms in the forecast, but it changed and we had beautiful sunny weather for part of the day and drizzle for the second half. Our friends, Paul, Jen, and Ellie made the trip with us. The tulips were absolutely beautiful and colorful!!! The last thing we did was tour a tulip farm and saw fields of tulips. If only my backyard could look like that! Lakyn even got a pair of wooden shoes.







6 comments:

Alison said...

How Beautiful! Can't wait to see those wooden shoes!

The Canada's said...

When I saw tulips that looked like flames I immediately posed in "blue steel." Fortunately Lindsey was able to capture this spectacle on film.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers and one very adorable Layken(even when she's pouting).

Kendra said...

Those pictures are absolutely beautiful! How fun that ya'll got to go to the tulip festival. :o)

Lakyn is just as cute as cute can be. And Lindsey, you look adorable (as always!). Really, you look great! Jason...your vogue moment just leaves me speechless! :o)

Steve & Jen said...

Jason... awesome - we both loved the photos. Lakyn was cute too :)

Ashley Turnbull said...

Love the tulips! I can tell you guys are finding your "touch" with the new camera! I covet that camera =)