Thursday, June 08, 2006

Musical Extravaganza

In the middle of the week our friend and neighbor Dana put on a concert at church. It was wonderful and she is very blessed with talent (did I mention she used to be Miss North Carolina.)

Then an interesting music sampling was in downtown.. it was the Detroit Hoedown! While the music was 100% country http://americajr.com/entertainment/hoedown/2006/schedule06.html the crowd was a fusion of heavy metal and country. We listened to Jack Ingram and Josh Turner. They were good, but it is not what we heard but what all we saw that was noteworthy. THE WORLDS LARGEST BOOT! A rap-off, like just out of 8-mile, that I got in the front row of action. We went with some friends, Becca and Seth, had an absolute blast! They just moved to St Louis so I think the hoedown was a good final activity for us to do with them. One final note, I had no idea that "Long Black Train" was such a charismatic song. I would like to thank the barefoot drunk/stoned lady wearing the GM hydromatic work-shirt for intimately worshiping to that song in my personal space.




3 comments:

The Canada's said...

No Kenny... But remember when I stood 15 feet away from Kenny hollering "Bull" and getting all those nasty looks from people who thought I was booing Kenny Rogers. In reality I had you on the phone while you were listening to see if you could here me shouting your name on CMT live.

The Canada's said...

I won tickets later that day to the "flame-worthy" awards which you attended with Lindsey, Me, and Leigha in Nashville.

The Pates said...

ooo, hey! That's me! I remember the Flames...The thing I remember most was that Kenny Chesney had severe posture problems while he was singing.