Saturday, September 06, 2008

Baby watch to now, and what is yet to come


The baby watch for Tatum started at week 37.5. I had two trips I wanted to fly before I started taking off at 38.5 weeks (the doc wanted me home at 38 weeks.) Grandma C. came up just to be sure while I went on my last two trips. We had her armed with GPS and even made a dry run to the hospital, "just in case." Lindsey started dilating at week 37 which was different than when she was pregnant before.

Grandma C. stayed until Labor Day. Grandpa C. had to go to work the next day as well. "Mimi" (Lindsey's Mom) came up later that day. We were scheduled for induction on Sept 2. With Lakyn's birth, we (Lindsey and I) became a family together, just us. The way it worked out this time was very special experience for Lindsey and her Mom. She was there to share in the joy of welcoming Tatum into the world. I know Lindsey was very grateful to have her Mom in the room during the birth of one of our children.

Lakyn has done great! She was glad we were home but hasn't skipped a beat and I dare say has been better cared for lately than she was probably accustomed to. The day of the birth, Mimi got her up and going. At nap time, Dana came over to take the reigns (she is a mom-in-training, expecting in December.) Lakyn loves Dana, and they did eating, hardcore playing, and some singing (Dana's specialty!) That evening Ryan, Dana's hubby and my pilot friend, came over and got Lakyn rocking with some Guitar Hero. Lakyn loves to dance and go buck wild.. it sounds like she didn't disappoint her hosts as she rocked hard with Ryan. After dinner Mimi came and got Lakyn to meet the new sister. I met Lakyn in the waiting room. We walked into the room and Lakyn was very excited to see "MAMA!" She hopped up in bed and met her sister. We then moved to the recovery room and Lakyn started acting like a terrible two, LOL! Mimi and her went home to await the homecoming of Tatum the next evening.

St. Joseph's was much more liberal about everything, which was nice. I got to stay in there during the epidural, St. Mary's made me leave. St. Joseph's was fine with any and all pictures, St. Mary's didn't allow anything but pics and it wasn't until they said I could. The difference in doctors is off the map. Obviously a second birth is different, they say your body knows what to do and makes it "easier." (not sure I want to use that word. It is kind of like saying I got shot the first time with a 9mm, and the second time I got shot was by a .30 caliber... umm either way you got shot.) Our doctor this time around was very attentive, actually talked to us and with us. Last time the few times we saw the doc she talked AT us and very rarely sought input. She wouldn't even take a picture with us after the birth. Oh well, we are just thankful for such an awesome experience this time around! Praise Him!

We were home 26 hrs after Tatum was born. There is no place like home. Mimi was ready to take care of Lindsey, Lakyn and the newest addition. I thought she was going a little over the top with all the gourmet cooking, but you will hear no complaints from me or my waistline. I know she enjoys taking care of us and also enjoys trying out new recipes. (I also got a chocolate pie... mmm mmm)

The Canada's will be up when Mimi leaves, and the Hubert's will be up after that. We are so blessed by family. It is always nice to have an extra set of hands, Lakyn is a full-time job alone, lol!

Thank you for all you thoughts, prayers, and kind words. We are so blessed to have internet fellowship, and friends all over the place that are still genuinely interested in our lives. Most importantly we do feel blessed and privileged by our Lord and Savior with this little girl. We do now know more than ever that it will take a village to raise these children.




3 comments:

Alison said...

I can't believe you got to go home after 26 hours!! We had to wait until 48 for some test.

However, I have to admit I really enjoyed my time in the hospital the second time around. Levi was with Grandparents, Kara was in the nursery and Garet and I sat in a QUIET room. We often refer to that time as the "calm before the storm" Ha ha!

Love the pictures!

Kendra said...

I'm so glad ya'll are home and settling in! You definitely have to little blessings!! They are SO precious!

Wade's World said...

I am so happy for ya'll!!

War Eagle!!