Monday, February 05, 2007

Our Strong-Willed Child





So, you are expecting baby pictures.

Instead I have to tell you the story, or maybe I should say testimony. We asked for prayer about Lakyn, we received an answer!

This morning we were hustling about a little before 5am to get to the hospital. We pulled out of the driveway about 5:45 and arrived at St. Mary's at 6:30 am. Side note: It was -10 degrees in Ann Arbor. They had Lindsey and I change and got Lindsey prepped for surgery. I was given the paperwork to fill out for Lakyn's birth certificate. Of course I put today's date on it.

At 8am our OBGYN came in and fired up the ultrasound to check her position one last time. Mind you, at our last appointment we were told Lakyn was not a candidate for a manual version due to her size, placenta location, and the point of our pregnancy. She set our expectation for the c-section, due to all the medical reasons and previous experience.

I knew something was up when they didn't cath Lindsey and wanted to wait. So when Dr. Espy readjusted the machine a few times, put more gel on, dimmed the lights, changed her position then started laughing hysterically. "I don't believe it," she proclaimed. Lakyn had done her flip and was resting comfortably head down in Lindsey's pelvis. She kept laughing and laughing. Saying she was shocked and wouldn't normally happen in a case like Lakyn's.

So we packed up and went to get Lindsey some breakfast. She had contractions the whole time we were there, so it is just a matter of time... God's time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You realize this is how she's probably going to be for the rest of her life. "I'm going to do things my way, when and where I want". Haha. Good luck with her!
I can't wait to see her. I wondered why I hadn't received a call yet.
I'll be praying for ya'll.
Leigha

Anonymous said...

What a miracle that Miss Lakyn turned herself around :) Good luck with her arrival when she does decide to enter the world. I can't wait to see pics of her. I love ya'll!!

Melanie :)

Ashley Turnbull said...

I heard the news from Abby Carmichael early this morning! I have a direct line to you guys! Ah!!! Hang in there. This is "Week of Ashley's birth and Lakyn!"

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, I did that to my mom, too!! We've been thinking of you all day and were sure we'd see pictures when we logged on tonight...i guess we'll just keep checking for updates!!! :)