Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Lakyn's first stitches

As Jason mentioned in his last post, Lakyn had to make a trip to the ER on Sunday night. She had been in such a good mood and back to her normal self after getting over the stomach bug a week before. We were playing with blocks and I walked away to get lotion. As I grabbed the lotion bottle, I heard a loud thump, looked over and saw my baby falling backwards after tripping on a block(I think) and hitting her head on the brass handle/drawer pull of our cedar chest. I rushed over to her and blood was pouring out. Very scary!!! Jason, of course, called within 30 seconds of the accident which I was hoping to tell him what happened once he got home and not wanting to scare him while flying. Thankfully, my neighbor was at home and able to take us to the ER. The wound finally slowed down bleeding and by looking at the wound, I knew she would be getting stitches. I actually had a wonderful experience at the ER here. They had a separate pediatric emergency department and we got back within minutes of arriving. We spent about 2 hours there and Lakyn left with four stitches. She wasn't a fan of being strapped down with a towel over her head while getting the stitches, but overall, she was a great kid! The wound looks so much better now and is barely bruised. Stitches will come out Friday. So far, she hasn't tried to mess with them too much and hopefully, it will stay that way until Friday.

Here are a few pics of the stitches the day after.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only kids born on Valentine's Day can be that tough. If, she was older and could talk, she would have just asked you for a mirror and some super glue.

Melanie and Scott said...

Poor Lakyn and Lindsey!!! I'm so glad to hear that she is ok. She'll be back to playing and scaring mom in no time with things like that :) She looks great and that's amazing that she hasn't bothered the stitches. I'm glad your neighbors were there for you. I can only imagine how frightening it was for you!! I love all of you! Take care!!

Kendra said...

Aw! Poor thing! I'm glad she's OK!

Carmen's Blog of Useles Facts... said...

Hey, thanks for the comments on my blog! Lindsey, you can visit Macon for the Cherry Blossoms and Jason, you would enjoy Macon for the the NuWay Weiners! A double reason to go!