First, Congrats to the newly married Mr. & Mrs. Jeremy Jerkins. Their marriage covenant took place April 12th.
Let me be slightly personal for a moment to share with you the Love for my bride of just over 6yrs. We shared our vows 6yrs ago on April 13th. I found it nice and internally emotional considering the events of the weekend (no, that is not the Guitar Hero talking. By the way that was my anniversary gift from Lindsey. She gave it to me early knowing that I had brought the Wii down to enjoy.)
To say that Lindsey is peanut butter for my jelly, tea for my cup, the shoe that fits, apple for my sauce, or whatever just wouldn't be true. I met her and she was already in a covenant with God. She already had all that she needed. She modeled the "be-attitudes" to me throughout our courtship and on into our marriage. Thankfully our marriage ceremony was no pinnacle. By that, I mean it keeps getting better. Sure I/we get comfortable and neglect parts of our relationship that we should not neglect. I am blessed to say that we go through seasons (stuff with us and around us is always changing) but there she is, the person I am most ready to share with, pillow talk to, confide in.
For those of you that know me well know what my aviation career has been like. While maybe we call it adventurous, it was. That "adventure" may have ruined relationships not built on a rock. Never once did I have to look around and make sure or worry if Lindsey was with me. At times I am sure she had gotten behind me and pushed me along. It was a fun adventure, and continues to be, because God brought the right person into my life.
As we continue to grow, change, what not, we are called to be "help-mates." I hope you find me to be as honoring to that call to you, as you are to me. I am so in Love with my wife. We are just getting started still, and it keeps getting better. I Love you!
Please do not ask what I got her for our anniversary since I brought up that she gave me Guitar Hero... it is actually something she wanted too...
(These picture were taken where we had our reception 6 yrs ago)


8 comments:
Beautiful. Just beautiful! What sweet thoughts from you, Mr. Canada. I wish I had known you guys way back when! But, I'm so glad I met Bull and met his friends, too. Ya'll are really special to him and now to me =) Hopefully, one day, you'll be closer!
Canada's,
Congratulations. I remember that day six years ago at the "old" Brentwood Baptist and the Cool Springs house. Thanks. Now I miss Nashville again.
Anyway, blessings on your anniversary. Carmen and I hit our 6 years in August.
So sweet! I'm sorry we missed you in Auburn - it just didn't work out like we planned. I'm sure we'll see you all soon :)
jason -- really, just beautiful thoughts
Aww! Such sweet, precious words! Congrats, you two, on 6 years! How wonderful to see God continue to bless your relationship that is solidly built on His rock.
Much love to you both!
Congrats you two on 6 years! It was such an honor to be a part of that special day. Jason, what sweet words to your beautiful wife!! I love you both! Take care!
Man, has it really been six years since those bagpipes led her down the isle to you? Congratulations, Jason and Lindsey! Being 11 days into my covenant with Katie has already been incredible, and I am not just talking about the naked sheet wrinkling either. It's like my mind is working in a whole new way. I am always thinking about and asking God what is the best for the "two" of us. I just want to say how much I respect you as a friend and brother in Christ. You and Mr. Turnbull have always been my "go-to" guys. Thank you for always listening and telling me what I need to hear.
Congratulations! That is so exciting and what sweet love notes to Lindsay. What makes me laugh is that I remember your wedding marked the time that Josh and I broke up. Although you will hear him say "We were on a break"...and me yell back "we broke up". Lucky for him, he left his bible in my car and "had" to come pick it up when he returned from TN. Looks like it turned out good for all of us :P 4 Years in June
Post a Comment