When you live out of the way like we have, and do, it is nice to take the available days off and spend them with family. So this time, since we know we have baby on the way, we are going to do both. It all got kicked off last week.
After I finished my trip on Friday at 3am, I rode my airline to Nashville. My Dad picked me up from freight land a little before 7am. Lindsey flew Southwest into town 430pm. So this weekends plan was my 10yr HS reunion, spend time with my family, and catch up with Nashville friends.
10yr Reunion was a blast. I had some apprehension about going at first. Also my schedule had to work out to accommodate so many things during this 2 month period. Luckily it all fell into place and I was able to start reconnecting with friends even before the reunion. Lindsey was able to put many faces with names.. I too was also trying to do the same. So many of us have changed, me especially, while other looked exactly the same (I am jealous.) We had a fantastic turnout! I don't think I even had a chance to get around to everyone. I was able to get some digits of long lost friends whom hopefully I can drag into the internet circle and stay connected with from here on out. Leaving the party I definitely regretted not staying in touch better, and missed out on some great peoples lives.
Side note. If you are thinking about ways to start a business, try H.S. reunions. This shindig was 65 0r 75 pp depending on when you registered. So you are thinking ahhh you must have all been funding the open bar, nope cash bar. Then you got a sit down meal, nope buffet horsedevours. A memory book, nope $20more. A picture, nope you could order for more money. I am not criticising b/c I guess that is just the going rate for a room with tables/chairs, DJ, and the expense of mailing and tracking folks down (which they did a very poor job of.) So if I have peaked your interest lets say half registered early and half late $70pp times 250peeps= $17,500. Probably 4000 for room and food. 750 for DJ. and 3000 in mail-outs/tracking costs... There are some hefty profits to be made in that business.
Spending time with my family. Honestly we probably came at a bad time. They were at a stage in the build where they were laying some of their own tile. So my Dad spent all his time at the house, and my Mom was able to spend a little more time with us but at the house with Dad primarily. We wanted to get out and look for baby stuff, so we trudged on. Jennifer worked but came out with us when she was not at Macy's, so she is getting in full-swing Aunt mode. Bottom-line I will be very happy to hear they are done with the house, in the meantime we will keep working on developing their first grandchild. lol!
We went to our old Sunday School which is always fun, and they were in the middle of an awesome study! The old class is definitely almost gone b/c of crazy growth and babies. We talked with some friends about maybe getting involved with them in a Church south of town if we ever end up back in TN.


Angie, Todd, and Carson. Finally saw their baby in the flesh. Mostly sleep, but she woke up and started smiling.

Jeff, Amy and Audrey. She is quite interactive and learning like a sponge. She is taking after her parents.
We came home to MI on Monday after spending time looking at baby stuff and nearby apartments for my Sister Jennifer. She is probably going to live right where Angie and Todd first lived when they came to town.
All in all it was a good trip, where Lindsey got her cravings for Chic-fil-a and Sportsman's Grill fried pickles met. Next week we start our vacation trip. We will be driving and only stopping to sleep in Nashville. We will get time with Lindsey's parents, then to the beach for several days, and then see old college friends in Auburn for the Florida game weekend. It will be a fun 9 days!

No comments:
Post a Comment