At the grocery I found a simple solution that wasn't going to involve turning our kitchen into a Duncan Hines bakery at 9:30pm. Although Lindsey will probably pipe in to let all of you know that I got up and baked a cake at midnight at random about two weeks ago. It was a nice yellow cake with triple chocolate icing... Anyway back on subject, the simple solution was M&Ms. I said go in to work with either peanut or plain.
So is it peanut of plain? Well it was neither... you are reading and saying get to the point already Jason... you talk to much.
Actually it was a compromise, sugar cookies were baked and received pink sprinkles. But hold on, hold on... Peanuts are easier to identify than plains. Let me expound...
Lindsey went in by herself with the full bladder and left me in the waiting room. After 45 mins the radiologist comes and gets me. As we walk back, she assures me that Lindsey doesn't know yet either and we can find out together if we want to. When we get back in the room she asks if we wanted to know. "Absolutely!"
Lindsey had been sucking on candy to try to make the baby wake up and move around. So the tech starts using the ultrasound. Just like Lindsey, the baby loves candy and is literally dancing all over the place. It was kind of funny watching her try to move the wand all over and keep up. In one of the shots I see what appears to be a male appendage so I blurt out "penis!" The tech responds "no, I haven't seen one of those yet." We realize she already knows and is telling us it is a girl. However she is quick to say that girls are harder to identify than boys so don't be upset if in a later ultrasound that changes, but that she was pretty confident we are having a girl.
So for those who guessed plain M&M (like me) good guess! We have pictures of the little dancing girl, and some thumb-sucking she did when she was settling down. Unfortunately I don't have a scanner. So check back next Friday and I will scan them in from my parents house. There is one photo that makes the gender suspect, but I am no doctor, and other photos do show girl. Thanks for your continued prayer and support!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

6 comments:
YEAH!!!!!!!!! I was correct! Turnbulls are always right! Well, congrats--I was hopeing you would post early on today so we wouldn't have to wait. A baby girl Canada...can't wait!
Wooohooooo!!! Finally a little girl! I am so excited! Now you can do butterflies and not ruin a little boy!
Go to freakin' Kinkos and scan that picture in! We want to see them now, not next friday. Sheesh. Or...mail them to me and I'll scan them and send them to you. Haha. Yea!!!!!!
Now I ask that everyone prays for an angelic daughter that reflects her mothers current personality and demeanor when she was a child, and not her father.
Congrats!!!! So, I was in the minority with the Turnbulls in guessing it was a girl. Not a bad crowd to hang with.
If that is the only trait she DOES get from me that will be fine by me!
Sugar 'n Spice
and all things nice
and lots of poop
congradulations... even though i was wrong. i'm sure you'll have a sweet girl.
p.s. i really liked your m&ms idea.
Post a Comment