I actually just went to check the latest pouplar vote tally from the Nov 4th Presidential election. Yes, the results are still the same... but I was rechecking the "popular" vote. You see I don't have cable but even via my rabbit ears I have heard a report in both Toledo (rabbit ears pointeed south) and Detroit (rabbit ears pointed east) and some of the channels in between. The story is; President-elect Barack Obama will be making history in another facet when he gets sworn in, his popularity is soarin and when sworn in he will trump even Reagan as the "most popular president" when he takes office.
So our dear media is calling their favorite 100 people again and getting something slightly... ok DRASTICALLY different than the best presidential poll taken every 4 years. Obama is EXACTLY (or I should say was exactly on Nov 4th) 52.7% popular. This was no landslide! Not even close. He tore it up in the densely populated regions, where the majority of electoral votes are held (he even ripped one off in Nebraska, that is another story) but when you just look at America, and how many people showed up to push the Obama button... 52.7% of Americans wanted a President Obama.
Somehow math doesn't work or matter with the media in 2008. In 1984, Reagan 59% of the popular vote, with 525 of the 538 electoral votes. 1964 Johnson with 61% However, in the end, the media still feels they have more accurate polling than voting day. Simply amazing!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It baffles the mind - and I hate to think about how many people just blindly believe what the media is telling them.
Ah, I must echo Kristen. I absolutely believe the media voted in Obama...and they used a few mindless lemmings to do their button pushing. Sigh.
Post a Comment