Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Camping

This past Sunday, Jason got to take his five cousins, Laith, Julian, Rhianna, Zachary, and Camryn camping. We bought them sleeping bags for Christmas and Jason's parents bought a tent. We were hoping to go in the spring before I got too big so that Lakyn and I could also go. Unfortunately, Jason's schedule never allowed a good weekend to go. We were worried that it would be too hot in the summer, but the day ended up being absolutely perfect. They also went to a campground that is only five minutes from our house, so Lakyn, Grandma, Jennifer, and I were able to go over and cook hotdogs and smores with everyone. There was a beautiful lake at the campground that they enjoyed fishing from and swimming in. I don't think there was much sleep that night, but how comfortable can you really get on the ground!





















My mom and stepdad are coming into town today. It is so nice to have company with Jason being gone so much lately. Thankfully, Jason will be off starting at 38 weeks. Jason's parents and sister were a great help to me and I know mine will be also. This time around, I seem to get exhausted from simply vacuuming. Lakyn is definately trying my patience too. I don't know if she senses something is different. I give all of my energy to play with her and keep things the same. Her strong will and temper is definately coming out these last couple weeks. I even called Jason last night and said that it would be a miracle if I didn't go into labor last night. I am trying my best to discipline and ignore the tantrums. I am praying that by the time the baby comes most of this acting out is over! Please pray for God to give me wisdom!!!




3 comments:

Jonathan and Janie said...

Thank you for sharing your mother's heart, Lindsey. Continue to be strong in the wonderful role that you have and are able to serve Lakyn by being her mommy. What an honor that she has parents loving her so deeply and with such strong commitment. Know I am partnering with you in pr**** as you raise your wee one with patience and wisdom....I am proud of you and all you do!!

Alison said...

Oh Lindsey, yes, it is so exhausting being very pregnant and trying to entertain a toddler 24/7. I don't know how you do it as a single parent so much - you are super mom! Hang in there - you will be amazed at how much more you are relaxed the second time around. That is huge because there is no energy to spare! Thanks for the updates.

Anonymous said...

We are SO going to have our kids on the same day!