I am surprised Lindsey hasn't posted anything yet, but I have some free time here in Marina Del Ray, CA. (I just got back from In and Out burger for those of you who care.)
Lindsey is currently with her Dad at Lake Martin, AL. She said it has been hot, but they were enjoying time on the lake. Our daughter had to warm up to being on a boat. After that is was fun but tiring with no nap so she was a crank butt for the rest of the day.
All these trips we take one thing is very evident, Lakyn likes routine. I am sure this is true for most 15-16month olds. They aren't old enough to comprehend a lot, but they are aware enough that stuff is different. It frustrates her. I swear it seems like we have a different kid at home! It probably is b/c we do. She knows where her crib is at about what time. What door leads to where. The food comes from this door. Predictability. I am glad we can do what we do, and visit family/friends, but it is hard. Good news is that every day she is getting older we are getting closer to being able to converse and explain to her the who's, what's, and where's.
Lindsey has also been telling me that Lakyn even acts a little different when all of us aren't home. I have talked with other pilots whom have reported this will get worse and a day will come that she (like Gidget) will recognize the luggage coming out and uniform being put on. Her heart will break that I am leaving and she will act out, to try to find some way to control the inevitable. In the end I will be the one who is crushed while I have that last mental image as I head out the door to work.
Sorry this post kinda took a turn, but it is actually to say that my endearing wife has the toughest job. Balancing this all out to try and calm the uncalmable, and find routine and commonplace for our daughter while we are away and in unfamiliar places. It is a balance between doing this and still being flexible enough to do things. She does a pretty awesome job!
Monday, June 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I agree - Kudos to Lindsey!
Levi was like Lakyn - routine, routine, routine. Kara, on the other hand, thrives in unpredictability. She is fantastic when we are away from home. Get her in the house doing the same thing over and over again and she goes crazy. I already know who is going to be the logical one and who is going to be the free spirit! :)
"for those of you who care" = BULL and about 2 others people whom understand the cult following of a good cheeseburger...especially an In and Out Burger
Post a Comment