On June 18th I uneventfully left my 20's and am now in my thirty-somethings.
To say my birthday was with little fanfare would underscore the day. I left Orlando on a 530am van. Flew up to NYC and then down to Ft. Myers. I told the crew it was my 30th B-day and said there was a BBQ joint I wanted to try in celebration. They all were up for it. We arrived to the hotel and it was pouring rain. With the early go and rain everyone headed to their room to nap. I tried to rally the troops at 5pm but there were no takers in the end.
So I walked the quarter mile and ate Rib City BBQ (and it was awesome) alone. I picked up a DQ Reesse's Cup Blizzard on the way back to the hotel.
It really was an uneventful day, even more blah than I would like, but even Lindsey forgot to wish me a Happy B-Day until the second call. There is always next year!
However, when I made it home yesterday, Lakyn (with Mommy's help) had a beautiful artwork on the garage door to welcome me home.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am so sorry to hear that! My actual 30th birthday was equally as blah...Kara cried the entire day. However, we did get to eat with you that night and that saved the day!
Happy Birthday!! Welcome to the other side - it's not so bad.
Happy late birthday, Jason!
I guess it's that time. I too turned 30 a few days ago. As I kissed Kristen (who is half asleep) goodbye on my way to work, she said "Happy Birthday" followed by "You're halfway to 60"!! Geeeeeez! It was a good day, though.
Thanks for the well wishes everybody!
Jimbo-
Thanks for posting! Happy B-day to you as well. How is life as a Coastie? Hopefully we will catch you if you visit MI again, or we will have to meet in the NYC since it doesn't sound too far away.
Post a Comment