Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas e-card 2006


HO! HO! HO! Greetings from the North Pole!
I just wrote version 1.0 of the Christmas letter and it was kind of blah (but we mailed it out anyway,) so I thought maybe just a recap of the events of 2006 may be better.

- Lindsey spends the winter in MI. Jason says what winter? It was very warm in Hawaii.
- Lots of family visited us, and we hosted a family reunion over the summer
-Celebrated our 4th Anniversary.
-We brought in Easter with a neighbor girl fight, domestic dispute, in front of our house.
-The Canada clan (Dennis’ kids) spend the weekend with us, they are great fishermen.
- A trip down south for Lindsey’s cousin, Lori, wedding in April. We packed in all the visiting with friends that we possibly could.
-We had to watch a movie in our car in our garage because our power kept going out and it was the only source of power.
-We learned the meaning of “backing up your hard drive” the hard way.
-Attended a Tigers game and a “Hoedown” in Detroit this Summer. (got picture made with the worlds largest boot, a Redwing boot I might add.)
-Went to Niagara Falls.
-We get pregnant, due date February 9th. Having a girl, Lakyn Alison Canada.
-We buy a canister vacuum (why, why, why)
-House is briefly up for sale, house comes off market when our “For Sale” sign is stolen out of our front yard.
-Lindsey spends a couple of days in the hospital for what seems like appendicitis, but isn’t.
-Jason goes to Europe for the first time, and doesn’t like Spain at all. Flying a load of monkeys was interesting.
-Lindsey helps deliver the neighbors baby at home during an emergency.
-Jason attends his 10yr High School reunion.
-We take our last vacation as just the two of us. It was overdue, and well worth it!
-A trip with family over to Kellogg’s to see Tony the Tiger!
-We are blessed immensely by family and friends with showers for Baby Lakyn.
-Jason becomes one of the people infected with E-Coli during the outbreak in Iowa.
-Jason goes to Ireland and England flying a load of horses.

We have been blessed by so many this year and can only imagine the blessing it will be when Lakyn is here. We pray and hope that 2007 will be another year full of God’s blessings for you. We have found many more ways to stay in touch, so please contact us whenever and however. We look forward as always to catching up, whether it be your Christmas letter, phone call, e-mail, blog post, or myspace message.

Cheers <><
Jason & Lindsey Canada
7614 Roxbury Dr.
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
(734)340-4413
canadflyau@yahoo.com
www.the-canadas.blogspot.com (the baby pictures will be on here first)
www.myspace.com/canadflyau
www.myspace.com/aulindz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed your list... and came strait to the blog for the e-coli story. no luck, perhaps the effects of e-coli are not worth writting about.

The Canada's said...

See blog Dec 6th "Extended Stay in Omaha."

At the time I was told severe food poisoning, but when I got back from England I saw the "outbreak of E-coli" stories. When I got home, the FDA called wanting to know where all I had eaten produce. There is one particular symptom plus the timing that made them correlate that I was infected with E-coli.