Many of you have been regulating on me for my recent slackitude with the blog. You are right. So let me catch you up.
There will be no pictures this update... check back next week.
I have lots to blog about including some serious stuff that I could definitely clog up the blog airwaves up with. However this will be a catch-up post only.
Christmas was spent relaxing at home. I worked almost every day of the month, but made it home on the 23rd for 10 days off. The idea was this would be the last Christmas as just the two of us, so we would relax. On Christmas Eve I was out walking Gidget when we found a stray. Start: "The Miracle on Roxbury Street"
On the way home a very nicely groomed shitzu approached us from the ditch. It didn't care for Gidget but was showing off its Coach collar to me. I pet it and checked for a tag, no tag. I kept walking after a while and it kept following. I was just about home when finally it stopped following, but it didn't head toward anywhere. I booked it home and told Lindsey about the stray. We jumped in the car. The dog decided to lay down in the middle of the street about 5 houses down. We picked it up at took it home. The dog went and hid under our Christmas tree. We put Gidget in her kennel and it finally came out. We made signs and put them up around the immediate area. Surely somebody would be out looking for their lost dog on Christmas Eve. We were going to a party at a neighbors and they agreed we could bring the dog and put it in their basement. The kids at the party thought the dog was fun but they were playing too rough. We took the dog home and put it in a bathroom. We kept watching our cell phones for the joyous phone call that would reunite dog and owner. At 11pm the party was winding down and we were the only people left. We were expressing our sadness that no one called. Lindsey looked out their back window and spotted a slow moving Cadillac one street over (luckily those new Caddy's have distinctive taillights.) We ran home and jumped in the car. We drove down all the streets looking for this Caddy with its hazard lights flashing. No luck. Then there was a driveway with a Caddy with its lights on, it had to be it. The lights went out right away, these cars lights stay on a couple of minutes after you get out then shut off automatically. Luckily we caught the last 5 seconds of the cycle. So I went and knocked on the door of some random house just before midnight Christmas Eve. A "who's there," was hollered from the other side of the door. I asked, "are you by chance looking for a dog?" I hear lots of commotion and the door opens. A man says that he is indeed looking for his tan/white shitzu. I tell him I found their dog. The lady with him nearly passes out. He follows me home and we reconnect owner and lost dog just before midnight!
After we laid in bed for as long as possible Christmas day, we got up and opened presents. Then we headed over to my Aunt/Uncles in Inkster to hang out and deliver gifts. Always a good time to be around children on Christmas. As always we had a blast.
Between Christmas and New Year Lindsey worked and Jason readied things at home for Lakyn's arrival. One thing was replacing the ailing used auto we bought out in Colorado. The Pathfinder was not ready for the responsibility and reliability that need to come when children enter the scene. So the car hunt lasted a few days and ended with an almost new 2006 Chevy Trailblazer. We are doing our part to help the ailing Americana Auto sector that constantly fills our news.
New Years, and the time building up to it, was also filled with bowl games. Lindsey prepared for her final exam for Medical Transcriptioning. Her final exam allowed her 48 hrs to complete 16 hrs of tests/typing. She took her final on New Years Eve and New Years Day. She finished up at about 5pm on New Years. I spent all that day preparing a big meal in celebration of Lindsey finishing, and also b/c I really wanted to cook a turkey. Lindsey should get her test results this week.
Seeing as the smallest turkey I could find was 15lbs we required some help. We enlisted the Fisher's help with putting a hurting on the turkey and all the fixings. It turned out very well! Yum Yum.
2007! As you read in my mailed Christmas letter (if you didn't get one then we couldn't get your address and/or don't have good contact info, so help us out.) Anyway, as you read I was expecting my job at ATI to go one way or the other at the beginning of the year. I went back to work and found out on the 3rd that Jan 16th would be my last day before furlough. We knew this was coming and were preparing, but it is a bummer to lose the best job you ever had, and one that you really enjoyed. The flip side is that we no longer had to worry about me getting sent out of town, and we can really focus on the baby. Lindsey has been having contractions, and going away was getting harder and harder. I was just about to take sick time anyway for the pregnancy.
I have interviews coming up, so I do not think unemployment will last long. Again we are blessed that Lindsey has a fantastic job. She is still feeling good and plans to keep working as long as she feels up for it. We are 25 days from our due date as I type.
I have been staying busy with all the stuff that comes with getting laid off. I also made time to finish the baby's room to put Lindsey's nesting instinct at ease. The ONLY room that needs paint that we are planning to paint is our bedroom. For now that just isn't a priority.
We completed all our infant care and child birthing classes this past weekend. It was very educational and informative. We are ready for the whole process (at least I say that, Lindsey has to do all the work.) WE ARE JUST SO EXCITED! That trumps all the other stuff, and being a Dad in a matter of days totally consumes my mind.
Please pray for Lindsey and Lakyn with the upcoming birth, and pray for us as new parents. Have you no fear, the blog will be updated ASAP when the newest member of the Canada and Auburn family is born. We are excited and open to all the upcoming possibilities as some doors close and others open.
Hope you had a blessed season!
(pics coming soon)
Sunday, January 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment