Well I took a trip out to L.A. (not lower Alabama) last Friday. The hotel we stay at is conveniently located next door to the Mattel Headquarters. As you may or may not know I still have a big kid living inside of me. Every Christmas that kid begs for toys, in particular an RC Car. It has been so bad as of late that my Mother-in-law wanted to make that her Christmas present to me. The boy inside of me was very happy and I spent hours on the internet looking for the perfect one. The grown-up practical side got the best of me until last weekend. The perfect moment of toy and kid met and walked out with "Flashfire" the Hot-wheels RC car by Mattel.I got the thing home and after 20 minutes of swearing to find the Chinese twisty tie person, I freed my toy from its box existence! I threw in the batteries, pulled the trigger. It went forward 3 feet and stopped... Batteries needed to be charged. Well Gidget, our dog thought a new electronic friend was here to play. I set the car on the ground and charged the batteries overnight. After church we came home and Flashfire was ready to go! I ran all over the front area as Gidget watched with Lindsey from inside. Well Lindsey opened the door and Gidget ran toward the yellow thing. It was all fun until she realized it was faster and ran away. So I wheeled the car around and chased her toward my neighbors. Needless to say she stopped and a mild brush occurred between car and dog. If we only knew then that the traumatic experience was now implanted in Gidgets mind well beyond any 7-second rule.
The next day I got the car out and drove it in the house. I thought Gidget was enjoying it as she was perched up on the back of the couch bouncing around. She was actually calculating her escape. She jumped down and ran, and I tried to follow but couldn't. After a couple of minutes Lindsey and I asked each other where the dog was (since she is never more than a few feet away sleeping somewhere.) We called her a few times... nothing. We laughed, called her again... nothing. I checked the doors... all shut, no escape outside was possible. My laughing stopped. I silently thought to myself, "If I gave this dog a heart attack and she just crawled off and died somewhere, I too will be dead." Lindsey and I started looking around the house. Looked under beds, all her favorite spots... no Gidget. I went to the bathroom in our room and at first glance no Gidget. But from between the garbage can and base of the toilet I saw a little red ball wedged in the corner shaking. I called Lindsey in to check out where Gidget wedged herself into. We grabbed her out and started dog rehab with the little yellow monster. No more RC car and Gidget... bad Jason.

2 comments:
I'm glad that dog is running around your house instead of mine. Thanks for including us in your adventure. Hope to see you again soon.
We hope to see you again soon and return your coat! This Summer for sure!
Post a Comment