12/2004-09/2005 I left Great Lakes and came out to the historic Willow Run Airport in Michigan to fly the DA-20 (Falconjet) for USA Jet Airlines. We were primarily flying auto parts on-demand. In other words, if the F-150 plant was going to have to stop operating b/c some inventory would be out in 6 hrs and the truck is stuck in traffic 12 hrs away. My pager would go off and 45 mins later we were airborne to Saltillo, MEX (or wherever) to pick up enough inventory to keep the plant from shutting down. 6hrs later we are back with the parts. Lots of flying to Mexico and sitting in border towns (Brownsville, Laredo, El Paso, etc...)

As the auto industry gets better at inventory control, the historically slow spring hit, and some of the major customers entered bankruptcy we took a hit at work. I was uncertain at the time what to do, so I checked out the job market. I found ATI (Air Transport International.) I am currently flying the Douglas DC-8. The pics below are of a flight I just recently did into the Mojave Desert, CA. 09/2005-?


Well that chronicles my aviation history from first flight 6/95 to 04/2006. Hopefully you enjoyed it as much as I did. It is a rainy day and I would have been bored without something to do.

1 comment:
Great pictures! I especialy like the empty cockpit photos - hopefully the plane is on the ground(!)
-C. Zirk
Post a Comment