Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter

Well to see some well written deep flavorful serious posts on Easter Check out my friends blogs.

Chops writes about the hijacking of Easter
http://sgsidebar.blogspot.com/

Bull writes about suffering
http://aturnbull.blogspot.com/

We in-turn will write about a random event that took place Saturday Night. I was actually on the phone with Chops when it all broke loose this Holy Weekend. At approximately 9ish on Sat night we hear the sounds of tires screeching, then a glass bottle breaking. Lindsey cracks opens the blinds and yells, "Jason get outside two girls are fighting in front of the house!" I had Chops on speakerphone, so I tell Lindsey to give him the play-by-play. I open the door to an eerie silence, and strong odor of alcohol. The only sound that you can hear is if you hit your own chest right now. Yeah that sound repeating over and over. One girl is on top of the other girl beating the stew out of her. I holler (yes check the southern dictionary,) "Have you called the cops yet?" The one guy starts pulling the one girl off the top of the other, and the other guy says, "Yes they are on the way." That actually surprised me, but within 5 seconds I heard sirens in the distance. They pull the girl off and the girl on the bottom lays there for a second then retreats to the idling Chrysler 300. The banter then resumes of yelling at one another and the story, at least bits of it that I pick up on, come out.. I am pretty sure this problem will only be solved by the cops. The black and whites arrive and the girl gets out of the refuge of her 300. Ahh, now is the perfect time to resume fighting. The girl I previously referred to as the one "on top" can't get it out about what happened and simply just goes back after "the bottom" girl. She makes a quick trip to the back seat of his cruiser. A MI State police paddy wagon pulls up. I walk back inside. I resume my convo with Chops with the occasional glance out the window. They move the excitement back to the scene where the domestic dispute began. Unfortunately since it was in front of our house, the smell of alcohol came from a busted bottle of something in the street. So the glass was everywhere. One of the cops came back down to check out the mess. I went back outside to ask about the glass in the street. In a short exchange I basically volunteered myself to the cleanup task. So a little after 10pm I am out in the street with my broom and brush-pan cleaning up the glass. Down at the house where the cops are I here the people start saying, "Hey look at that dude cleaning up down there (chuckle chuckle chuckle.)" Quite frankly it started making me mad, so I looked up waved my broom and hollered, "Have a Happy Easter!" I went inside and felt a lot better.

2 comments:

The Pates said...

A "brush-pan"? What in the heck is that? Down here in Bamer we call it a "dustpan". Sheesh. You Yankees and your weird words. Just don't start saying you're going to 'pahk the cah'. If you do that then I'm going to have come up there and drag the both of you back down here by your nosehairs. Trust me. It hurts!

The Canada's said...

I didn't dust my street. I brushed of big honkin hunks of tire popping glass... Your plastic Tuscalooser dust-pan couldn't have handled the job my metal brush pan performed.

We too have a little feminine colored plastic dust pan with an attached small dust brush around here somewhere.