Jason had a pretty short trip this time (2 days) but it sure felt like a week. The first day he was gone was just a chaotic day! The first part of the day started off okay with a breakfast of oatmeal and Elmo on TV. After nap we had lunch and ate some popsicles. Since we ate the last ones, I decided to make more. I was trying to blend up the frozen strawberries and poked a spoon in to push them down and strawberries flew all over the kitchen, even on the ceiling! I must say that being this pregnant and climbing on the counter top to clean the ceiling was not easy. Lakyn found it entertaining though. I finally finished making the popsicles and got them in the containers when Lakyn decided she wanted more. I was washing my hands and the popsicles were on the edge of the counter top. Our child is now tall enough to reach the counter top. I go to dry my hands and see the popsicle mixture being pulled off of the counter top. It went all over Lakyn, the floor, cabinets, and floor rug. At that point, I couldn't get mad at her since I had just done the same thing with the strawberries. I tell you what though, Lakyn could eat all day if we allowed her! She is always running over to the cabinet saying snack or cracker. Every morning when Sesame Street comes on and cookie monster starts eating cookies or something, she immediately runs over the the cabinet and begs for food.
Lakyn started to go down for an afternoon nap so that I could do some work (typing doctors notes) but then decided to whine for two hours through the whole nap. I finally got her up and took a shower. As I was getting out of the shower Lakyn trips in the bathroom and hits the middle of her forehead against the corner of the wall. If only she could have just hit the wall and not the sharp corner. Luckily, she was close enough to the wall when she fell that we didn't have to make another trip to the ER. It was extremely swollen though! She has been so clumsy and keeps tripping over her own feet lately. Thankfully, no other serious injuries have occurred.
Later that night we were going down the stairs. I was two steps ahead holding Lakyn's hand and I missed a stair. I start to pull Lakyn down with me but catch myself by my elbow against the wall and push her back up to prevent her from falling. I tell you what, this baby better come soon. We are dangerous!
Yesterday was a much better day, just dealing with a whiny child who is cutting four teeth. We did get out to vote for our county. You had to choose one party to vote for. I chose the Republican party, and there were only four people running and probably around 25 positions. Crazy!
Jason made it home this morning from an overnight flight. He will be home until Sunday morning. We have a tour of our hospital tomorrow night and a doctor appointment on Friday. There is also an air show in our town on Saturday that we plan to go to. It is only supposed to be 79 degrees that day. Our summer has been great for being pregnant. It still feels like spring here.
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
So glad to see an update!! Sorry about all your 'experiences'... you will probably laugh about the popscicle thing one day (when you can touch your feet again!)
Keep posting, we are looking forward to #2!
Oh my - glad to see the both of you are still alive. I got tired just reading all the adventures and I"m not even pregnant. Would love the 79 temp. Its pushing 100's with pseudo-hurricanes :(
Wow. Sounds like fun at your house..
Wow! I'm glad you're OK from the stairs fall.
I got tickled about the popsicle episode. Hallie's tall enough to reach the top of the table and counter too and we had Cheerios (with milk) fly all over our kitchen the other day. Ah, the joys of having a toddler! :o)
Also...I am slightly (OK, a LOT!) jealous of the 79 degree weather! It has been 104 here. :o/ But I am SO glad it has been cool for you!
do they make safety gear for adults :) there are days when I wish my house was safety-proofed for me!
Wow! A few more weeks!
I slid down about four or five stairs when I was really far along with Evie. Maybe that"s why she's so clumsy now. I swear she falls more than walks now. She just gets so excited about where she's going that she forgets to look right in front of her and WHAM! hello ground. Do all 14 month olds have this many bruises?
Leigha
Post a Comment