The only time that we can be guaranteed that a temper tantrum will not occur is when she is in the bath. She loves her bath and is always happy there.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Temper tantrums have begun!!!!
Lakyn has not been feeling so well lately. She has had a cold and a cough for almost 2 weeks and is also cutting 3 teeth that we know of(hopefully not anymore). Along with this, she has become a pro at temper tantrums. She will even go as far as throwing herself on the ground. Oh yes, they are bad!!! Thankfully, she only does this at home and not out in public. She is the friendly little baby waving at everyone in public. We have used tylenol, baby oragel on her teeth, and try our best to ignore her when the tantrum begins. Other than pawning her off on unsuspecting family and friend, which we are open to this option, does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle or control the temper tantrums. Feel free to comment.


The only time that we can be guaranteed that a temper tantrum will not occur is when she is in the bath. She loves her bath and is always happy there.
The only time that we can be guaranteed that a temper tantrum will not occur is when she is in the bath. She loves her bath and is always happy there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Tantrums have been the most frustrating thing of parenthood. They can be so random and sudden that you can't pinpoint what started them in the first place. I had to carry Jackson out of Walmart the other night over my shoulder because he has perfected the art of sliding out my arms into a puddle on the ground. So nice!!!
My best advice: Take a deep breath, and realize that most of the frustration is because they can't express themselves yet. At least that is what I keep telling myself!!!
I'm definitely not experienced with this, but someone at the mom's group said that sign language for eat, drink, and more helped out with tantrums. Other than that, I've heard that ignoring them is best so they know they don't get results from them. What would Super Nanny say?
Hi Jason and Lindsey! I thought I would check out your blog and if your Christmas blog was your last, then I would be good. Alas, I will now have to update ours. Sigh. Peer pressure.
Lakyn is so dang cute,,, even if she is crying!
Other than dealing with a near-one-year-old, I hope all is going well with you all. We think about you often and look forward to seeing you again... this summer sometime. I'm in it deep with work right now... the conference is in 12 weeks. Jon's flying out east and to Mexico three times in the next three weeks. Gracie's in dance class (loves it) and Jack and I go swimming while she's in class. He hasn't figured out yet he doesn't know how to swim. He jumps in, goes under, comes up and dives out of my arms toward the deck so he can jump in again.
Please tell Dana and Ryan we said Hello! and we'll talk to you all soon!
Love, Tracy Fisher
we are in the teething and sick stage, but (thankfully), not yet in the tantrum-throwing stage -- but I am sure it is soon to follow! Good luck with it -- you guys both did great at Primrose with handling it all -- hang in there with that pretty girl!
This is probably the absolute WRONG way to handle it, but we usually just end up laughing at Levi and let him carry on. It really is pretty funny when you think about it. :)
Alison
Post a Comment