I just wanted to update you about what is happening with me. As you know I was laid off from ATI on 1/16/2007. Very sad, thus far the best job I ever had. I interviewed that same day with NetJets and was hired to start class Mar 5th. In the meantime, I had my application in with Continental Airlines.

Through each states unemployment office, there are federal dollars available to be allocated for training for anyone who becomes unemployed. For pilots, if you qualify, they will send you for training to get a Boeing 737 type rating. I pursued it from the start of my unemployment. Approval came through at the end of January to go to Dallas, TX for the two week training course. I was trying to get it scheduled based on Lakyn's arrival.
At the end of January, we went to see the doctor and she scheduled the c-section. About 30mins after the appointment I got a call from Continental for an interview. Everything was coming up so fast, babies birth, 737 training, NetJets start date. I wanted to get to interview before I started at NetJets so I wouldn't burn a bridge. So 4 days after Lakyn was born I went to 1 week of the training in Dallas, then went to Houston for the Continental Interview. The day I got back home they called and told me I was hired.

I bowed out of NetJets gracefully, and am now heading back down to Dallas to finish my last week of the 737 training. I will start class at Continental, in Houston, on April 10th.
The first year, probation, will be very tough and will require lots of family sacrifices. We prayerfully considered our options and feel this will be our best option over the long run. Please keep our first year in your prayers.
Thanks, Jason <><

Through each states unemployment office, there are federal dollars available to be allocated for training for anyone who becomes unemployed. For pilots, if you qualify, they will send you for training to get a Boeing 737 type rating. I pursued it from the start of my unemployment. Approval came through at the end of January to go to Dallas, TX for the two week training course. I was trying to get it scheduled based on Lakyn's arrival.
At the end of January, we went to see the doctor and she scheduled the c-section. About 30mins after the appointment I got a call from Continental for an interview. Everything was coming up so fast, babies birth, 737 training, NetJets start date. I wanted to get to interview before I started at NetJets so I wouldn't burn a bridge. So 4 days after Lakyn was born I went to 1 week of the training in Dallas, then went to Houston for the Continental Interview. The day I got back home they called and told me I was hired.

I bowed out of NetJets gracefully, and am now heading back down to Dallas to finish my last week of the 737 training. I will start class at Continental, in Houston, on April 10th.
The first year, probation, will be very tough and will require lots of family sacrifices. We prayerfully considered our options and feel this will be our best option over the long run. Please keep our first year in your prayers.
Thanks, Jason <><


5 comments:
That is so great Jason!! I'm doing the Beth Moore study, Daniel, and we were just talking about how Daniel would have missed so many "God-things" had his life been easy. I think you are living proof of that due to all the "God-things" you have gotten to experience with your jobs. If nothing else, it is to give Him the glory for taking care of your new family :). Hope to see you all down south soon!
Yea, Jason! I am excited for you and your family and the prospects for this new job...keep hanging in there through one more transition! We'll keep praying for you guys!
that is so exciting! i've been praying for you guys about this. i know it's going to be a tough year, but hang in there, God's got a plan in all this! does that mean ya'll be relocating to houston or somewhere else?
Thanks!
We will relocate eventually, but to where I have no idea. Cleveland is the closest base, only about 2.5hrs away. Other bases are Newark, Houston, and Guam. The only one I would have to live in would be Guam... I will know where I am initially based on April 4th, but I can bid for a different base as often as I want.
Again, thanks for the well-wishes!
Very cool, Jason. You and the family will be n my prayers. we can empathize with jobs that require family sacrifice. Poor Rob has missed a lot of Marc-Andre's "firsts" but this job also gives him quality time with the family that many positions don't allow. God will provide for you and your family during this adjustment period. Congratulations- now I know who to fly with!
Post a Comment