Saturday, November 04, 2006

A Hubert visit, and an "outie"

After we drove back from our vacation on Sunday we did some Fall cleaning around the house and got ready for a visit from Lindsey's Dad, Patti, and grandson Chase. They flew in on Wednesday and left us on Sunday. We do have pictures, but I am blogging from Windsor Locks, CT (Bradley.) So my pics are on the home computer, but I have plenty of time on my hands this weekend.

Thur: Cabellas. Besides the 200,000 sq ft of sportsmans shoppers paradise, there is plenty to see and do. We checked out the variety of things that were hunted and preserved from all over the world. (I.E. most countries have some form of goats, but some sure are uglier than others. So China, I am talking to you, import some American goats.) We toured the huge fish tanks and fed the fish that swim in the ponds/streams flowing in the store.

Fri: Cereal City USA. Just East of Kalamazoo is the Kellogg world headquarters. I learned more about a corn flakes than I ever thought possible. It is truly a product Made in the USA. Also the home of Snap, Crackle and Pop, Tucan Sam, and many more. Definitely a great place to visit with children.

Sat: Henry Ford Museum. You just can't go wrong checking out this massive collection of all things transportation, as well as other history about the technological advancements made for the assembly line.

Sunday we said goodbye. It was a good visit that was full of excitement trying to harness the energy of an almost 5yr old boy.



Final Note: Lindsey's belly button is now an outie.

No comments: